Science and Technology Department
It is a professional Department with special mandate to promote the teaching and learning of Sciences, Mathematics, ICT and Technology in Schools.
It is because of this reason that a special Committee on Science and Technology exists at JCCE meetings.
General Activities of the Department
- Design and provision of Science laboratories in schools.
- Installation of Computer facilities in schools in conjunction with the State Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Installation of e-learning Software in schools.
- Supply of Science equipment and Chemicals to schools.
- Provision of Geographical Gardens/Geographical Information Systems in schools.
- Maintenance of Science and ICT facilities in schools.
- Organizing Science and Technology related Competitions.
- Organizing Science Vacation Course for Students.
- Organizing specialized workshop for Science/Mathematics teachers and laboratory workshop Assistants in schools.
- Schools Agricultural Programme in collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives.
- Collaboration with Federal Ministries and other Agencies on matters relating to Science and Technology.
- Monitoring of Science/Technical/Computer/Agricultural facilities in schools to ensure proper usage and maintenance.
- Liaising with LASTVEB on matters affecting Technical and Vocational Education in the State.